Saturday, October 2, 2010

POP Update

Okay, for you few followers of the Playgrounds Of Peace blog, here is an update. I am leading a team of 5 other volunteers to Nepal this month to work at the HOPE for Nepal Children's Home. Although money this year has been tight, I believe we have enough last minute donations to complete objectives. Thanks to SendOutCards and the POP-STARS team and my few but loyal supporters, my trip expenses are paid for. Our objectives this time include: 1. playground - install 2 spinners and repair/replace the swings, 2. outfit the Home with a complete set of tools to increase their production of water purifications systems and at the same time give valuable vocational training to the older children, 3. develop on-going support for each child living at the home. Currently, there are 21 children at the home due to the fact that the Young Adult Home closed and 5 young people are now at the Godawari location.

We have an excellent team including: a professional photographer, an artist, an advocate for orphans and her son, a Registered Play Therapist and of course me....Mr. Playground.

I hope to keep those who subscribe to this blog updated along with photos of our trip to Nepal. After our mission is completed at Godawari, we plan to take a brief trek into the mountains. One more thing off the "bucket list."

3 comments:

  1. I found a link to this site via an article in a Honduran online news service. However, you have no contact information. Or general information about your program. What is playgrounds for peace? How is one eligible? I have a program of 100 kids in a poor area near the capital of Tegucigalpa, Honduras where children play in dirt or in the rocks of the mountainside. Honduras is a violent country with a high murder and kidnapping rate. Violence and abuse against children are very common. But, again, how can I contact this group? Is is a non-profit? My email is lauriematherne@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. 파워사다리

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! คาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete