Friday, September 11, 2009

Message from David Richardson - POP for Moldova








I have borrowed a camera till I can get mine operational.
A few days after I arrived, Vica and I went through some of the stuff that I bought in Chicago, we organized and separated it to take to a couple of different orphanages. In some of the pictures you will see where we took some of it to "Save the Children" orphanage for the kids.
 
We also went to a boarding school outside of town the next day, I took pictures of where they slept, ate, played and of the kids. The best picture and story is of a little boy named Mihai, he had a degenerative eye problem and about a year ago they said if he does not have surgery soon he will go totally blind. Vica raised the money to have this procedure done, he is blind in one eye and can only see partially out of the other, but at least he has some vision. You can see them in the last two pictures, you will see a grateful little boy and a bond between him and Vica that goes beyond words.
 
I am looking forward to the rest of the week. I keep all these children in my thoughts and prayers, I get closer to the children everyday and it becomes a little bit harder to walk away each day. One little boy that I take outside each day ( his name is Mishka ) he has discovered he can walk backwards, so when we first go outside, we walk backwards everywhere. I will get a picture of him soon and show you.
 
It is late and I need to get to bed, it is 10:00pm my time and 2:00pm your time, but next time I will tell you about and get pictures of Maxium. He looks to be about a 3 or 4 month old baby, anyway, I will tell you about him next time.
 
in Christ,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment